Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 5

Well, the first week is over. It sure was an information-filled start, but I got through the first week so that's got to count for something.

Today was busy. BV has their graduation tomorrow (?) and so people were checking in all day. I was actually lucky because when people weren't checking in or asking for some kind of instructions, I was busy doing odd jobs for one of the managers. It included paperwork. Lots of it, too, but I didn't mind at all. One, because it gave me something to do, and two, it helped make the time go a lot faster. Throw in a great plate of spaghetti with fantastic Texas Toast and today was easily the best of the five. I helped a woman set a reservation straight by talking on the phone for a solid half hour, checking and re-checking every little detail to make sure everything was as she wanted it to be. The good news is she was really nice and patient about the whole thing, which made it that much easier. I love it when that happens.

But the best part of my Friday was driving to Sioux City with John, picking out a graduation present that evoked laughs and thoughtful sighs, and then meeting the other John to go see Pirates 4. I'm very easily entertained, and this movie was no exception. I loved it. The other two weren't quite as ecstatic, but that's of no matter. I liked it and will continue to like it for a long time.

So tomorrow is a day off. A day to sleep in. A day to leisurely practice organ for Sunday. A day to maybe do a little accounting homework, but don't count on it. A day to bounce around to graduations with dear friends. A day to enjoy time with my friends and family. Another day. Before we know it, it'll be gone. But let's not go thinking about that before it happens. Let's enjoy it first. Goodnight, and happy 21st to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment