Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 1

Tired. Angry. Frustrated. Impatient. Snappy. Exhausted. All words I would use to describe myself right now.

The first day is over. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't that. Eight hours of standing, then walking, then standing again really takes it out of you. Especially when the longest shift you've ever worked is four hours. I know, I know. "Welcome to the real world," you'll tell me. Yeah. Thanks. I understand that up til now my life has been one enormous joke. The jobs I've held have never asked for more than four hours of my time each day. Work has never stressed me out. I've never gone home from work with a headache or feet that are screaming in pain or legs that just don't want to go back. I must be pretty pathetic complaining about eight-hour shifts. You try listening to two girls rant about their boyfriends and ex-boyfriends for four hours. NONSTOP. Yeah. That's what I thought.

Tomorrow marks Day 2. At least tomorrow I'll have somewhat of a clue what is expected of me. But I still have a long way to go before I could be thought of as "comfortable on the job," so I guess that's what I need to strive for in the future. My head is starting to hurt again, so I'll sign off for now. Goodnight, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment