Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 2

Coming home from work is always better if you have a cute niece to watch, especially when she's trying to eat the arm of a rocking chair.

Today seemed to go a little smoother. I walked through those sliding doors at 7:00 a.m. with a little different attitude. After having slept for a decent amount of time and listening to some pretty catchy "cunch" on the radio, things seemed to fall into place a little easier. Reservations seemed simpler. I actually answered a few questions asked by customers all by myself. A certain woman called with a complaint and she hung up the phone with a compliment, which in my book is a check on the positive side of the chart. I even had a bite of a chicken quesadilla, which was fantastic.

So maybe I won't fail as bad as I thought at being so responsible. I guess only tomorrow will tell. I'm working with the woman who hired me instead of a fellow employee, so the real test will be tomorrow morning. But now I need food, so Hot Pockets, here I come! (I've had a craving for them since the moment I came out of surgery a week ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment