Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Own Fellowship

Life is hard. Very hard. There's never a time when we feel completely relaxed because we know there will always be something more to do. To accomplish. To suffer through. The whole reason we're alive is because we haven't yet fulfilled God's plan for our lives. Otherwise, He would've called us to Him. To be called to Him is His way of saying, "You've done well, my child. Rest." And that day will be a glorious day, indeed.

But this is now, and now is ugly. My life has never been more stressful, chaotic, busy, or full of responsibility. I've never felt so overwhelmed, helpless, useless, or drained. Like Frodo, I've journeyed far. And like Frodo, I fade more and more as the journey continues. The countless anxiety, pressure, and weight forced on my shoulders by this world grows stronger every day while I grow weaker. Each day is a struggle with no end in sight.

But like Frodo, I've been given gifts. Friends. Allies. Lifelines. It's not possible to make it through this life without aid, but everyone receives help in different ways. Some rely on pets. Some trust their job to anchor them down. Me? I've been given an everlasting fellowship to help me through these troubles times. Each member has been equipped with weapons to help me fight my demons, as well as their own. Each individual brings something unique to our friendship, which only helps to strengthen our bonds. The fellowship is not complete unless we're all present and working together to push, strengthen, and support each other. Like Frodo, I have eight companions. And like Frodo, they've each provided me with undying loyalty. Who are these eight heroes? Let's begin.

Ashley Drey: A thoughtful glance, a fair and gentle face, and a personality of gold. Slender and tall, she stands proud of her accomplishments but holds an air of humility and grace unparalleled by any other. She's strong and stern as steel when the time calls for it. A fearless and high-hearted conscience allows her to take on obstacles with a confidence matched only by her bravery to bring her best. She's a true warrior. Ashley, you're my Eowyn.

Breanna Mathes: Charming and beautiful. The epitome of beauty and the symbol of a fair lady. She's one of the most supportive people I know, a characteristic that is accentuated by her high spirits and willingness to believe in the good in everyone. She never gives up or abandons hope, even when all others are in despair. She brings courage, resolve, and valor to the fellowship, as well as a bright smile, resounding laugh, and sparkling personality. Breanna, you're my Arwen.


Olivia Leuschen: She offers spiritual aid, giving counsel and encouragement during the darkest moments of my quest. She provides light that shines brighter than any star in the night sky. Her wisdom is unmatched. Her sense of right and wrong guide her every move, making her a tough customer in a pickle. Her grace and ability to rise above all others make her an irreplaceable member of this fellowship. Olivia, you're my Galadriel.


Heidi Kistenmacher: She holds her ground when her values are challenged instead of giving way like the girlish gossip she's believed to be. She provides a pure and fresh outlook to any situation. Her ability to transform everything around her to be the same as her bubbly personality is second to none. Her air of honesty and integrity coupled with her hunger for the truth and well-being of her fellow companions make her an invaluable member of this fellowship. Heidi, you're my Goldberry.


Eric Rasmussen: He symbolizes honesty and kindness. A fantastic story-teller and wise advisor. He uses his "powers" only for good and never falls into bad situations. Everything he does is done deliberately and with deep thought. He's the reassuring presence the fellowship relies upon to change a frantic situation to one of security and direction. He encourages each of us to be the best we can be and sees our potential and ability even when we do not. Eric, you're my Gandalf.

John Harris: He's not afraid of danger. A brave and loyal member of the fellowship, he's broad-shouldered and strong as a horse. At times mischievous, he can always be relied upon to be there for any other member. Light-hearted but sincere, he provides a common-sense approach to any outlook of any situation. Shrewd and calculating, he never misses an opportunity to poke fun at another fellowship member. John, you're my Gimli.

Ben Grieme: Not frightened by forces of nature. In fact, a certain unity with nature helps him. He enjoys wandering around in nature, listening to the singing birds, chattering squirrels, and scurrying rabbits. His love for animals is unmatched by any other in the fellowship. He can be called a philosopher to some extent and is an excellent marksman. He believes in people and is a true patriot to the fellowship's cause, making him one of its most loyal members. Ben, you're my Legolas.

John Lorenzen: Full of love and admiration for his friends. He possesses a unique sense of foresight and intuition, using his values and life experiences to guide his decisions and relationships. He has a clearly defined sense of right and wrong as well as a taste for adventure. He is the embodiment of faithfulness, simplicity, and decisiveness. It's nearly impossible to find a more honest character. He's confident and supportive. His dedication makes him one of the most important members to our fellowship. When I've given up and he finds strength to carry me - that's his shining moment. He never leaves me even when circumstances are at their most dangerous. Because of this, he's my best friend and constant companion, loyal and pure. John, you're my Sam.

There you have it. My lifelines. My friends. My lights in this world. They've never been snuffed out. Any idea what it's like to know that they never will be? They've given me more than I ever thought possible and continue to do so every single day. I don't need to communicate with them to understand how important our friendship is. The fellowship speaks for itself. We find strength in each other and make it possible to face one more day. For that one day brings us even closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment